As the leaves start to fall and the air turns crisp, it’s time to embrace the coziness of autumn. And what better way to do that than by indulging in the Danish concept of hygge? If you’re not familiar, hygge is all about creating a warm and comfortable atmosphere, whether that’s by yourself or with others. It’s the perfect way to embrace the changing seasons and make the most of the cooler weather.
Here are 20 ways to be hygge in autumn, from indoor activities to outdoor adventures and self care. So grab a cup of tea, light a candle, and get ready to embrace all things cozy this season.
- Bake something warm and comforting. There’s nothing quite like the smell of fresh-baked cookies or a delicious pie to make your home feel extra cozy. Plus, you get to enjoy the tasty results!
- Curl up with a good book. Whether you’re into mystery, romance, or sci-fi, there’s nothing quite like getting lost in a good book on a chilly autumn day. So grab your favorite blanket, find a comfortable spot, and start turning those pages.
- Have a movie marathon. Whether you’re a fan of classic films or the latest releases, there’s nothing quite like settling in for a movie marathon on a cold autumn day. Pop some popcorn, grab your favorite snacks, and settle in for a cozy night in.
- Try a new craft or DIY project. Whether you’re into knitting, painting, or woodworking, there’s nothing quite like getting creative on a chilly autumn day. Plus, you’ll have something beautiful to show for it when you’re done!
- Host a game night. Invite your friends over for a fun night of board games, card games, or even video games. It’s a great way to stay warm and have some quality time with your loved ones.
- Take a scenic drive. The changing leaves make for some beautiful autumn scenery, so why not take a drive and enjoy it? Whether you’re by yourself or with others, it’s a great way to get outside and appreciate the beauty of the season.
- Go for a hike. There’s nothing quite like the feeling of crisp autumn air on your face as you hike through the woods. Plus, the changing leaves make for some stunning views. So grab your hiking boots and hit the trails.
- Have a picnic. Even though it’s getting cooler, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a picnic! Pack a thermos of hot soup or chili, some sandwiches, and a blanket, and find a beautiful spot to enjoy your meal.
- Visit a pumpkin patch. It’s not autumn without pumpkins, so why not visit a local pumpkin patch and pick out your own? You can carve them, bake them, or just enjoy them as decoration.
- Go apple picking. Another autumn tradition is apple picking. So why not visit a local farm and pick your own? You can use them to make pies, crisps, or just enjoy them as a healthy snack.
- Take a relaxing bath. There’s nothing quite like a warm bath to relax and unwind after a long day. So why not light some candles, pour yourself a glass of wine, and soak away your troubles?
- Try a new skincare routine. The changing weather can take a toll on your skin, so why not try a new skincare routine to pamper yourself? Whether it’s a new face mask or a luxurious moisturizer, treating yourself to some self care can do wonders for your skin and your mood.
- Indulge in a cozy breakfast. Start your day off right with a delicious and cozy breakfast. Whether it’s a stack of pancakes, a bowl of oatmeal, or a tasty smoothie, taking the time to enjoy a leisurely breakfast can set the tone for a great day.
- Do some yoga or meditation. Autumn is the perfect time to slow down and focus on your mental and physical well-being. So why not try some yoga or meditation to help you relax and recharge?
- Get a massage. Treat yourself to a relaxing massage to help soothe away any tension and stress. It’s a great way to pamper yourself and take care of your body.
Things To Do With Others
- Have a bonfire. There’s nothing quite like gathering around a warm bonfire on a chilly autumn night. So why not invite some friends over and enjoy some good conversation and roasted marshmallows?
- Go to a football game. Autumn is the perfect time for football, so why not attend a local game and cheer on your favorite team? It’s a great way to get outside and enjoy some fresh air and friendly competition.
- Have a fall-themed party. Invite your friends over for a fun fall-themed party. Decorate with pumpkins and fall leaves, serve seasonal snacks and drinks, and enjoy some cozy activities like board games or a movie marathon.
- Go to a haunted house. Halloween may be over, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a good scare! So why not visit a local haunted house and get your heart racing? Just make sure to hold onto your friends tight!
- Take a fall foliage road trip. The changing leaves make for some stunning scenery, so why not take a road trip to see them? Whether you’re by yourself or with friends, it’s a great way to get outside and enjoy the beauty of the season.
Autumn is the perfect time to embrace the coziness of hygge. From indoor activities to outdoor adventures and self care, there are so many ways to enjoy the season. So light some candles, grab a cup of tea, and get ready to embrace all things cozy this autumn.